* Jan. 29: Today is National Cornchip Day.
* Jan. 29: Kansas became the thirty-fourth state on January 29, 1861.
* Jan. 29: "The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe was first published on
January 29, 1845.
* Jan. 29: President Thomas Jefferson appointed John James Beckley as
the first Librarian of Congress on January 29, 1802.
* Jan. 29: On January 29, 1959, Walt Disney's "Sleeping Beauty"
premiered at the Fox Wilshire Theater in Los Angeles, CA.
* Jan. 29: On January 29, 1929, Seeing Eye, Inc., was incorporated in
* Jan. 29: Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument in Montana was
established on January 29, 1879.
* Jan. 29: Martial law was declared in Lawrence, Massachusetts after
the arrest of two IWW organizers (Joseph Ettor and Arturo Giovannitti)
on January 29, 1912.
* Jan. 29: Carl R. Taylor of Cleveland, Ohiopn, received Patent#
1,481,813 (the first U.S. patent for a cone-rolling machine) on
January 29, 1924.
* Jan. 29: January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month.
* Jan. 29: January is National Mentoring Month.
* Jan. 29: January is National Stalking Awareness Month.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.